Health Screener – Bilingual - #3024948
Biolife Plasma Services
Job DescriptionPlasma Center Technician (bilingual)
About the role:
Con preferencia para Espanol
Every day, the donors you meet will motivate you. The high-quality plasma you collect will become life-changing medicines. Here, a commitment to customer service and quality is expected. You will report to the Plasma Center Manager and will perform as a plasma donor screener and perform phlebotomy to support plasma center operations
How you will contribute:
- You will answer phones, and greet and focus on our donors, while ensuring the safety of donors and our team.
- You will screen new and repeat donors and take and record donor vital signs and finger stick results.
- You will use our Donor Information System, prepare donor charts, maintain accurate records, and coordinate donor compensation.
- You will help identify operational opportunities for continuous improvement and initiate changes to center processes using company approved procedures.
- You will be there for our donors, which includes working a variety of shifts, Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to walk and/or stand for the entire work shift
- Will work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lean, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach above shoulders and below knees
- Ability to lift to 5 lbs., and occasional lifting of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
- Fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment from a distance
- Because of potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear
- 1 or more years minimum experience working in a customer or patient facing role is helpful
Every day at Takeda, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. At BioLife, while you focus on our donors, we will support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program to include retirement benefits, medical/dental, family leave, disability insurance and more, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world
Following the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply to this role
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - TX - Dallas - Belt
Time TypeFull time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.