Lead Tech Rental and Turnaround - #2975479
The Vallen Maintenance and Repair Technician II- Rental and Turnaround position is to perform Inspections, Testing, Maintenance and Repairs (ITM) to Life Safety Equipment owned by the Vallen Rental Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Services and maintain rental equipment, makes repairs, inspects and puts equipment into “make ready” condition.
- Receives incoming rental equipment back from rent and issues out equipment to new rental customer orders.
- Assembles components such as 6 & 12 packs, air trailers and other assemblies that need to be made up and put together before going into the rental fleet for use.
- Cleaning shop, warehouse and work area. Maintaining a clean and organized shop and warehouse area is an important aspect of this position.
- Able to rig-up and use a wide range of safety and rescue equipment including but not limited to winches, tripods, retractable lifelines, harnesses, and lanyards.
- Operate electronic safety and communications systems including portable gas monitors, hand-held radios, & other related equipment.
- Providing customer service in the area of Inspecting, Testing, Maintenance and Repairs of Life Safety Equipment. Including, but not limited to: Fire Extinguishers, Gas Detection Monitors, Respiratory Equipment, Breathing Air Equipment, Fall Protection Equipment and Portable Safety Shower / Eyewash Units.
- Responsible for completing the testing and repair documentation and ensuring it is filled out accurately, completely and turned in for proper record keeping.
- Assist with the shipping and receiving of all rental equipment per Best Practices and Vallen SOP protocol.
- May include the use of company provided assets such as but not limited to: Company Vehicle, Inventory, Safety Equipment, Laptop, LSI Scanner, Test Equipment, Tools, Radio, Cell Phone, Fuel Card and/or Credit Card.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e., State, OSHA, and NFPA regulations, NFPA Guidelines and Vallen SOP’s.
- Exhibit safe work practices at all times.
- Associates are required to maintain proper care of all assets as defined by Vallen policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or GED
- Minimum 2Certifications (manufacturer) in a related field.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years related experience
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience in the Inspection, Testing, Maintenance and Repair of Life Safety Equipment.
- Ability to repair and service equipment maintained by the Vallen Rental Department.
- Basic computer skills.
- CCSM Network
- Current Motor Vehicle License with good driving record.
- Commercial Drivers License required if carrying loads of hazardous materials.
- Proficient with hand tools.
- Hole Watch / Fire Watch
- CCTV operation
- Able to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Able to provide assistance, advice and training to Vallen associates and plant personnel.
- Assist warehouse personnel with orders when needed.
- Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by completing continuing education as required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process and quality instructions)
Enhance your career by joining an amazing team at Vallen
Working at Vallen, it’s not only a place you go to work but a place to feel connected and part of a team. We offer employee resource groups for allyship, education, networking, professional growth, engagement, and much more. At Vallen, we also encourage community engagement through our Vallen Cares outreach initiative. Through this program, our employees get together for volunteer efforts, charitable giving, team-building activities, and sustainability programs.
We strive to uphold our mission of passionately serving our customers and suppliers with responsiveness, expertise, and empathy while striving to continuously learn and improve performance all while staying connected with one another
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC.
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a Career Path Opportunities.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.