Solutions Advisor - #2189620
At Office Depot and Office Max, the Solutions Advisor is a full-time role, providing “total solutions” to our customers encompassing Technology, Services, Furniture and Print offerings. S/he will quickly build and maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing training of Technology products/services and print offerings
The associate in this role will demonstrates a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, services, print and other services/products offered to our customers. S/he will utilize Office Depot and Office Max’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, in order to drive the sales of our total offerings and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The associate in this position is also responsible for the training of Sales Advisors, or other associates within the store regarding Technology products, selling behaviors, attachments and services. Successful completion of Tech, Print, and other applicable training and continued education in these areas is expected, up to and including designated certification, if required. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
Primary Responsibility: Percent of Time Spent on Task
1. Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
2. Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
3. Provides exceptional customer service by educating customers about Office Depot products and services. Effectively utilizes communication tools to request assistance anywhere on the sales floor, and to coordinate the appropriate service, and customer engagement throughout the store
4. Performs duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets
5. Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
6. Trains and coaches new/existing associates on the use of new products and tools and/or selling program.
7. Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
8. When not assisting customers, performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage or POP materials.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
Minimum 2 year experience in related field
2 Years Sales and/or Customer Services experience
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance