Administrative Assistant I - #1841341
J-W Energy Company
Proudly serving the oil and gas industry since 1960, J-W Power Company provides leasing, sales, parts and service of natural gas compression equipment. We are one of the largest privately-owned compression fleet organizations in the United States and a proven industry leader with an impeccable reputation for field service. Our greatest asset is our culture, our people and the significant role each employee plays in the success of the organization.
This position, under close supervision, performs a variety of administrative functions, including filing, scheduling appointments, and answering/directing incoming calls. This position is responsible for the clerical support of multiple programs that are essential to the efficient function of the office/department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: may include any or all of the following.
- Research various projects and monitors programs.
- Screen calls, take appropriate action or direct caller to the appropriate person.
- Compose memos, transcribe notes, and researches, as well as creates presentations.
- Responsible for scanning incoming mail and distributing to the appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies/equipment.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments which may include travel and meeting arrangements.
- Accurately complete and maintain various reports/logs required for the operation of the department and ensure documents are submitted in a timely manner and maintained in an easily retrievable and consistent filing system.
- Assist with inventory by investigating, reviewing and resolving inventory discrepancies on a regional, division or district-wide scope, as needed. (Does not apply to Manufacturing).
- Assist with setting up new inventory part numbers, as needed.
- Ensure “buyouts” on Electronic Field Service reports (EFSR’s) are correctly processed, as needed.
- Assist other employees with office or departmental related questions or direct them to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist with submitting invoices for payment to customers and/or Accounts Payable.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (COMPETENCY STATEMENTS):
- Demonstrated skill analyzing, problem solving, decision-making, planning, organizing, meeting deadlines, multi-tasking, attention to detail and communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and informatively and edit work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read, interpret written information and understand structure and content of the English language.
- Proven ability to provide personal customer service and satisfaction. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Proven ability to listen to, read, and speak information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences, with the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various types of office equipment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Adequate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. The Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform based on business necessity.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus; these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.